Trial exams begin on Monday and so I’m going to put together some tips and hints over the weekend.
Paper 1 will cover Jekyll and Hyde.
- Think about the key themes within the novel and re-read this section in your booster books.
- Revise what happens in each chapter and think about how the 10 chapters are organised and structured.
- Pick out key quotations in each chapter – especially the quotations that link to character or theme.
- Re-read the exemplar essays that have been given to you in your booster books and consider what the annotations are demonstrating to you.
- Learn the key phrases that you were given on Friday and remember to integrate them into your response.
Paper 2 will cover Blood Brothers and Poetry
- Similarly to J&H, consider the themes of the play and the playwright’s intentions.
- How does he use dramatic techniques to convey his ideas?
- Consider the structure of the play and how it develops
- What are the most significant lines and stage directions?
- Revise the anthology and ensure that you use your booster books
- Revise the structure of a comparative essay
- Revise our key words and phrases
- Know at least two key quotations for each poem in the collection